Calvary Baptist Church
Exalting Christ, Equipping the Saints, Evangelizing the Lost - Since 1959
320 N. Sheridan - Valley Center, KS 67147           (316)755-2343

Blank Bar

Latest Sermon
AM AS HIS CHURCH IT'S IMPERATIVE WE HEAR THE HOLY SPIRIT
PM The Usefulness of Proverbs

Quick Links
†  Accept Jesus
†  Map & Directions
†  Sunday Bulletin
†  Daily Devotionals
†  Events Calendar
†  One Year Bible
†  Calvary Facebook
†  Calvary YouTube

Weekly Schedule
Sunday Services
 9:30AM Morning Worship
10:50AM Bible Study for All Ages
5:00PM Bible Study
6:00PM Choir Practice
 7:00PM Evening Worship
Wednesday Activities
 6:30PM The Salt & Light Company
 6:30PM Youth Fusion
 6:30PM Mission Friends
 6:30PM Ladies Bible Study
 6:30PM Pastor's Class
Thursday Activities
 9:30AM Ladies Bible Study

Our History

Calvary Baptist Church began as a mission of Allerton Baptist Church of Wichita in 1956.  They met in the Valley Center Library.  In November 1959 Allerton Baptist Mission was organized into a New Testament Baptist Church with 36 charter members and Calvary Baptist Church was born. Rev. Pete Rose was the first Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church.  In 1960 property was purchased for a permanent building in the 300 block of North West St.  The following year the first unit of a planned five unit permanent building was completed.  In 1964 Rev. Neal Alford assumed the Pastorate.  In 1966 the brick house at the corner of Second and West street was purchased for a parsonage.  In 1968 a former one room school house was purchased and moved onto the property to provide much needed Sunday School space.

In 1972 a bus ministry and Children's church began with Randy Drake as bus captain and Children's Church Minister the next year Kent Williams became bus captain when Randy moved.  In 1974 Rev. Harold Henderson was called as Pastor of CBC.  On August 19, 1979 ground breaking for the current 440 seat sanctuary was held.  The new sanctuary was dedicated on June 29, 1980.  In January 1985 Rev. Don Lacy assumed the Pastorate and his wife Kay took over leading the Bus Ministry.  Rev. Lacy was the Pastor until his retirement in 2000.  On April 16, 1989 another groundbreaking ceremony was held for the Family Life Center and educational wing.   The new facility was completed in 1990 just in time for 14 weddings to be held in 1991.  In 2001, The current Pastor Rev. Michael Scott was called to become the Senior Pastor of CBC.  In 2002 Calvary held it's first production of Judgement House.  Since that time there have been a total of six Judgement Houses held at CBC with more planned. Each of them drawing a minimum of 100 new brothers and sisters in Christ to the Kingdom of God. In November 2009 CBC celebrated 50 years of ministry in the Valley Center Area.

Our youth ministry began to be a vital part of our church when Rev. Harold Henderson became our Pastor in 1974. Our first your directors were Gary and Shirley Rundell. They served in that capacity until Carlton Cook was called to be part time Music and Youth Pastor. Eventually we grew enough to have a full time Youth Pastor. Joe Stiles was the first full time Youth Pastor. He was followed in chronological order by Doug Harris, Jay Lewis, Doug Irvin, Bill Tucker, Matt Maestes, and Jason Ramsey. Currently our youth program is handled by a committee of parents, church members, & a deacon. Over the years many trips to youth camps and mission trips have been taken by these Godly men. There have been trips as far away as Pensacola, Florida and nearby as to the former Heart of Kansas Southern Baptist Association Shiloh Campground. Bill Tucker was most notably known for his mission trips. They did backyard Bible studies and had performances at various vacation locations. Many of these performances and Bible studies were used to lead hundreds of Adults and children to the Lord.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Calvary Baptist Church      All Rights Reserved